BusinessObjects Board

Help - How to set up a user to view reports

Hi, I am new to the world of CMC and need some advice.

I would like to create a user that can view and refresh reports for a specific folder in BOBJ.

I create a new user but when I log in I can only see the favorites folder and inbox.

What else do I need to do. ie what is the correct procedure for creating a user and giving them access to reports.

I know this is a simple question, but im foxed on what to do. Can anyone help.

Thanks in advance

rlbourne (BOB member since 2009-07-22)

Hi,
If you are on BO Xi 3.x, you need to give View rights on the top-level Folders to view objects or sub folders.

Provide View On Demand rights for user on required folder to refresh data on demand against a data source.

forgotUN (BOB member since 2006-12-13)

I have the same issue. I have determined how to give the correct rights to refresh the data.

What I have found is that in order to allow the users to refresh the data I need to give the users access to the universes and Web Intelligence (type of document being refreshed). In doing that the users have the ability to create their own documents and save them to their personal favorites folder.

How do I restrict the users from being able to create their own reports?

kpcrum (BOB member since 2009-02-26)

Welcome to B :mrgreen: B.

It is better to give Custom access level for the security to the user groups.(This is new feature in BOXI3.x versions)
You can deny the rights on WebIntelligence applications , then user can not access the universes.
More to know start from XI 3.0 Security for Mere Mortals

Arjun (BOB member since 2008-07-28)