BusinessObjects Board

Hello Everyone

Hello every one,

I’m new to this foum, I could know many of the things from this forum.
Now I have couple of doubts.

1. I have two columns say col1 and col2, If col2 is blank col1 has to be blank. I tried using “If then else…” and decode on the designer side
    but could not do that.

2)I have two data providers, when I pull the values from dp1 I get them
but when I try to pull the values from dp2 ,dp1 doesn’t allow it,I mean I can overlap them but can’t add the table.I tried checking the sql and joins
they are working fine.

Please do reply me with the suggestions you have

Thanks In Advance
Sridhar

Sridhar17 (BOB member since 2006-02-25)

Welcome to BOB.

1. Try alerters at Reporter level . That may be helpful to you. The logic you are using seems correct I don’t know whats the exact problem.

2. Read through this presentation.

https://bobj-board.org/t/53239

This will answer your question and clear some concepts about multiple data providers.

As a new member few tips for you.
Before posting a topic do search the relevant forum. Most of the common issues had already have useful information about their resolution.
Its better to post different problems as different threads/topics in the relevant forum.

Hope it helps.

salam :pakistan: (BOB member since 2005-01-27)

Hi,

try the following formula for your problem with the col1 and blank col2:

=If IsNull(<COL2>) Then "" Else <COL1>

And another tip for you as a new one to BOB:
Use meaningful post title (subject) and more BOBers will be atracted to help you with your problem. To write “Hello Everyone” won’t do that much :nonod:
You may also want to read the hints how to ask smart questions. You may benefit from it :wink:

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

Hi,

Thank You Salam the document was really useful and I could solve my second problem.

Regards
Sridhar

Sridhar17 (BOB member since 2006-02-25)