BusinessObjects Board

Grouping prompt question better explained. I hope

Ok, let’s try this again and hopefully I can better explain my question. I am using XIR2 Webi and I have created a Universe object called “State” with the following CASE statement:

CASE
WHEN tablename.columnname = ‘1’ THEN ‘WV’
WHEN tablename.columnname = ‘2’ THEN ‘GA’
WHEN tablename.columnname = ‘3’ THEN ‘SC’
WHEN tablename.columnname = ‘4’ THEN ‘AL’
WHEN tablename.columnname = ‘5’ THEN ‘NC’
WHEN tablename.columnname = ‘6’ THEN ‘VA’
WHEN tablename.columnname = ‘7’ THEN ‘FL’
WHEN tablename.columnname = ‘8’ THEN ‘TN’
WHEN tablename.columnname = ‘9’ THEN ‘KY’
ELSE "
END

It is working properly and the report is prompting the user to choose one of the ‘State’ names in the list.

I need to add a ‘Regional’ to the list of prompts which is (2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) everything EXCEPT 1.

When I add the following:
WHEN tablename.columnname IN (‘2’, ‘3’, ‘4’, ‘5’, ‘6’, ‘7’, ‘8’, ‘9’)THEN ‘REGIONAL’
in the line above ELSE ", it does not show up because on of the prior has already been true.

If I add: WHEN tablename.columnname IN (‘2’, ‘3’, ‘4’, ‘5’, ‘6’, ‘7’, ‘8’, ‘9’) THEN ‘REGIONAL’ in the second line of the CASE, then ONLY ‘WV’ and ‘Regional’ show up in the prompt and I need ALL to show up PLUS the ‘Regional’

Is there a way to add this ‘Regional’ prompt?

:hb:

bohonkus :us: (BOB member since 2008-04-10)

Hi,

Do you need to add ‘Regional’ only to the LOV of State object? Or also as the real value of the State object? That’s different.

If you want to add it only as an LOV value then please have a look at this entry in Designer’s FAQ:

It discusses how to add a value ‘ALL’ in the LOV. Change ‘ALL’ to ‘Regional’ and you are good to go :slight_smile:

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)