BusinessObjects Board

Ghost Schedules - Business Objects XI

Hello

I have Crystal Reports 2008 sitting in the Business Objects XI i.e. we use Business Objects to schedule the Crystal Reports and email them out.

Recently I have noticed random schedules e.g. reports that did not have a schedule being run at midnight and then failing. Has anyone encountered this before.

I would not mind if it was only one report but this time it was a whole folder of reports, that did not have a schedule, were run at midnight, and failed.

1 is there ghosts in the system

2 is someone logging in at midnight and running random reports

3 is the system creaking at the seams

Any ideas would help

Cheers

C

Towzie_Tyke (BOB member since 2011-06-13)

I would check the audit data; that should at least tell you when the schedules were created and by whom.

Joe

joepeters :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-29)

Thats the problem there isn’t any schedules.

On the CMC Instance Manager I have filtered for report failures in the past 24 hours and found a folder full of reports, created in 2006 with no schedules created for them, all set at failed 14- April 00:00 witht the error message: object could not be scheduled with the specified time internval’.

Not sure where you would get the audit data from. If you have to use the Query Builder then I will give it a miss since Query Builder is hopeless.

Thanks

C

Which version are you on? This sounds like the DST issue.

Joe

The version is:

Business Objects XI 3.1

Cheers

C

Which patch?

Absolutely no idea.

I inherited the system from someone who is no longer in the company.

Thanks

C

The reason I ask is that your problem sounds a lot like the DST bug, but that was fixed in XI3.1 SP4. If you’re on an older patch, that may be your problem.

You can search here on BOB for “DST” for more info, including this thread.

Joe

Excellent

I will have a look about.

Thanks for the information.

Cheers

C