BusinessObjects Board

Getting Duplicate Records when linking data providers.

Hi,

I have 2 data providers. One is from universe and another one is from excel.

The linked dimention values should be unique.
When we link them, we re getting duplicate records.
Even after linking, the excel data is populating in the report as it is, not merged in.

Anyone please help.

Thanks in advance.
bog

bog :india: (BOB member since 2007-08-17)

From what you are describing, I would say that the Excel data does not exactly match the data from the database. Remember that to be a match, the data must be identical in all respects; case, spaces, hidden characters, data type. This must be true before any formatting or manipulation is applied because linking is done on the raw data.

Lee Drake :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-15)

Many Thanks Lee Drake,

Happy New Year.

How about the data type size, is that must be the same size.
(i.e. same no of digits.)

Please advise.

Thanks
bog

Business Objects just has Number, Character, Long Text, and Date. I don’t think data length is important as far as data type is concerned.

The length of the data to be matched is. Leading zeroes and significant digits in numbers must match. Dates are always hard for me. If I remember correctly, and I have to experiment each time I link dates, the dates must be in the same form, i.e. if it is mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm:ss in the database, that is the way it must be in Excel.

Lee Drake :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-15)

Lee Drake,

We have records with different data sizes. we are not able to link records which are different in size(in report).

we are able to link some of them are 9 digit and unable to link rest which are 8 digit.

please help.

Thanks
bog

You are right Dimension’s Base Database Type and Size does matter in DP’s synchronization…

Trimming Dimensions at Report level and Universe Level could not help in Every conditions.

Derived Table at Universe sometimes helps row duplication, but not in all cases.

This Download is of great importance for you…

However if it has been due to measures say C.
There could be various reasons for this

Try {

1. Put Sum© for the Measure.

2. Double Click the Table to show up its Properties (Table Format)>General Tab>Display and Uncheck “Avoid Duplicate Row Aggregation”

3. Put Sum for aggregation in Universe C’s Object Properties, Measure Aggregation.

4. Go to the Query Panel>Option(Left bottom)>Check “Delete trailing Blanks” and click “No Duplicate Rows” then refresh the query

5. Please check by using Sum(tonumber()) function.

6. Check if the Dimensions A and B might have trailing blanks…
    Remove this by using Trim() Function or, using Both LeftTrim(), RightTrim() functions…

7. if there are more than one data Provider , use function MultiCube()

}

prabhat :india: (BOB member since 2007-01-16)

Many Thanks Lee Drake/Prabhat

It’s worked now. I’ve changed the variable type to ‘measure’ which are not to be linked.

you can refer this link for further help.

Thanks alot :smiley:
bog