BusinessObjects Board

Getpages error

HI

I am starting to get frustrated, because I have quite simple report and I want to make a column, but it says Getpages error.WIS 30270

BO does not make this column in Results view, but when in View structure mode the column is there.

I just cannot understand BO, whatever i am trying to do it says me error.
useing BO R2 SP3 and my java is 1.5

Please, please help:)

gretchen (BOB member since 2008-05-05)

You should have tried a search on optional prompts this has been discussed lots of times.

Heres a recent discussion:-

https://bobj-board.org/t/113811/6

Mak 1 :uk: (BOB member since 2005-01-06)

There is nothing to do with prompts!!!

Gretchen,

How about doing a search on getpageserror*?

Here is one ā€œhitā€ I saw that might help you:

jsanzone :us: (BOB member since 2006-09-12)

Doh! Iā€™ll get my coatā€¦ :slight_smile: .

Mak 1 :uk: (BOB member since 2005-01-06)

Thank you, but i have read all forums about getpages error, but my problem is not still resolved, because solutions discussed there have not helped me.

I thought that maybe now there is some new way how to solve it?

Gretchen,

Sorry to hear that youā€™re not able to get a resolution by looking at past postings.

When viewing in structure mode no processing of the data occurs, this mode can be thought of as ā€œlooking at the source codeā€, of sorts. So Iā€™m wondering if you were to remove the offending column and run the report, if that allows it to render (I suspect yes), so that means something is ā€œuniqueā€ or offensive to WebI about this column of data. Perhaps you can see what all of the characteristics are about this column in the database. Please tell us the database vendor, version of ODBC driver, and the columnā€™s characteristics.

Thanks,
John

Actually it is much more than getting error when adding empty column, sometimes it gaves error when wanting to go to second page, sometimes when sorting.

I have not seen or realized yet, that the problem would be realted to specific column.

I am just so sad, beacuse i do not know what to do. These report should be done and now i am just ignoring error until the error disappears.

I just do not understand, the database is the same that i have used for other universes, universe is supersimple, queryies are simpleā€¦

Feels like crying :frowning:

Gretchen,

Unfortunately, the error notice is too general in nature, and it sounds like it is occuring with greater frequency each time you turn around. With this type of symptom, sometimes it is better to rebuild certain key services in your CCM. I would suggest building new instances of the ā€œweb intelligence job serverā€ & ā€œweb intelligence report serverā€. It sounds like somehow there is corruption in the files that support these services and rebuilding them will give a fresh start of sorts. If you donā€™t get relief from this effort, then I would say it is time to contact tech support for assistance.

Thanks,
John