BusinessObjects Board

GAC not resolving building name addresses

Hi there,

In New Zealand, building names (which do change from time to time) form an important part of an address and can even replace the street name and house number.

To quote the NZ Post Address Layout Guide, under “Building Names”:

source: http://www.nzpost.co.nz/sites/default/files/uploads/shared/standards-guides/adv356-address-and-layout-guide.pdf

For example, I can ship a package to “ACMI Ltd, Caltex Tower, Wellington 6011, New Zealand” and - believe it or not - it will arrive at the right time and place. Addresses with these constructs are very common in ERP and business systems across New Zealand.

The problem I am facing now is that when using SAP Data Services (Enterprise Edition) with the NZ Post Address Libraries, Global Address Cleanse seems to be unable to provide a street address when the input address is a building name, postcode and city.

It should be able to do so given that a building name and city should resolve in a street address.

I haven’t tried using the Global Address Suggestion Transform but in reality, GAC should be able to resolve this given that building names are an accepted part of the NZ Post address standard.

Anyone else have had this issue - or can point me to a few tweaks I can try to make it behave?

ErikR :new_zealand: (BOB member since 2007-01-10)