BusinessObjects Board

Functions?

Hello all, my company just started using Business Objects Enterprise XI Release 2. I am interested in better understanding the functions, can anyone point to a resource which maybe lists out the functions and definitions?

Thank You!

robertthomasyoung (BOB member since 2007-07-13)

Welcome to B:bob:B!

Are you asking about the database functions used in Designer to build objects in your universes? If so, the functions available are the ones provided by your database platform.

Or are you asking about the report functions provided by one or more of the reporting tools (Full-Client “DeskI”, WebI or Crystal)?

Or do you mean something broader by the word “function”, such as what modules exist and what features are available?

Anita Craig :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)

Reporting tool… I am an end user (Power User).

Thanks!

robertthomasyoung (BOB member since 2007-07-13)

I’m not using XI yet – but I would expect that each reporting tool has a user manual in PDF form. However, for version 5.x, the functions were not well-documented in the user manual, so I do not know if the functions are better-documented in XI.

However, the online help in Reporter/Full-Client 5.x did document the functions well. When editing/creating a variable in the formula-builder, when you highlight one of the functions from the pick-list and click “Function help”, it would give you explicit information about how to use that report function.

Please tell me which of the three reporting tools you are using, and I can move this topic to the correct sub-forum of “Building Reports”. :wink:

Anita Craig :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)

The document here is for the v5 Reporter tool, but I’m guessing most still applies to Desktop Intelligence (XIr2). If the original question was about Crystal of some other reporting tool, the linked document will not apply.

Dwayne Hoffpauir :us: (BOB member since 2002-09-19)