BusinessObjects Board

Full Extended @Prompt syntax

Could someone let me know the full @Prompt syntax, including use of ‘Optional’ and ‘User:n’ ordering. Just need to know if I’ve put something in the wrong place in the code. Thanks.

BOE 4.1 SP4[/b]

frank35 :uk: (BOB member since 2005-08-25)

try it yourself. You’ll find it unexpectedly difficult to find something with the FULL syntax.

Are you doing this in the universe? If so, the Optional and User syntax doesn’t work. Can you show us what you’re using?

MichaelWelter :vatican_city: (BOB member since 2002-08-08)

@Prompt(‘Select End Date or 01/01/1900 to use manual date selection:’,‘D’,‘Dates - Transaction\Transaction Date’,Mono,Free,Persistent,{‘01/01/1900’},Optional)

This is used in conjunction with a report prompt. I would have expected that it could be left blank with the use of ‘Optional’ in the syntax but isn’t the case. The report prompts will override if used but I need to leave text in the universe prompt or it will return an error.

Basically all I need to know is whether I can create a universe prompt that I can leave blank if necessary.

many thanks

Unfortunately, you can’t create optional prompts in the universe (yet). However, there is a workaround. See this post for instructions.

You sure can create optional prompts though in universes (unX) with IDT though, look for so called “Business” filters!

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

But those Business Filters cannot be made available to the users in Web Intelligence. Correct me if I’m wrong, but those are only available in the Queries pane within IDT, and are only available in IDT.

That business filter you define in IDT is of course available as a universe filter in Webi.

That’s good news, but I haven’t been able to make that work. Is that a new feature in 4.2?

Been around since 4.0 with IDT, and I have used it as well.

BO 4.1 SP3 FP4

In the universe (unx) I have created the following prompt:

@Prompt('Enter your choice: ',‘A’,Mono,Free,Not_Persistent,Optional)
when I add it to the query in the report I can hit OK without entering something at the prompt but I get the following error:

“An error occurred while calling ‘ProcessDPCommandsEx’ API. ERR_WIS_30270)”. Then I hit close and look at the sql of the query and the prompt is not in the where clause (which is ok).

If I create the same prompt at the report level it works perfectly.

Any idea why I get this error?

Thank you

Yvon P (BOB member since 2006-04-27)

I am on version 4.2 SP4

I have a similar challenge: I have a WebI report that uses free-hand sql as a data source. I would like to have an optional prompt but can’t seem to get the optional to work. My syntax is similar to Yvon P but the @Prompt is embedded in the free hand sql.

bension (BOB member since 2005-09-01)

Optional prompts don’t work in FHSQL. There’s no way for the query engine to know to remove the entire WHERE clause.

joepeters :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-29)