BusinessObjects Board

Full Client Report pointing to different universe-Urgent

hi ,

i had already developed one critical report in Full client.
later on we remediated universe pointing to the same universe.
i have remained the corresponding report objects . measures in the universe. i just modified the universe name. when i was pointing to the
modified universe , it is working fine. after publishing in to the WEBI,
report is opening properly. while refreshing it is giving ID displatch error,
it saying the old uiverse not present…

any body help in regard to this matter

regards,
sum

suma0328 (BOB member since 2006-10-08)

OK!!!
first thing change your universe connection from tab >view data>defination>universe>and change that point to correct universe.
if it doesnt work go to universe and import it again and then run report before that reresh you universe.

chetanBO (BOB member since 2006-09-11)

Moderator note:
Please help keep BOB friendly! Review this topic for some suggestions, thanks.

In particular:

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

Hi Suma, for each and every Object in the Universe will have a Unique ID, suppose if you rename an Object in the universe then the ID will change.
In the same Context each and every Universe is a Object in this Env. and will have a Unique ID again.

I think there is only one solution for you is to rename the Universe file back to the old name or change the Universe name in all reports in Business Objects (DataManager)

I think this may helps you out… thanks

raghaven :india: (BOB member since 2007-05-01)

raghaven, if you rename the object the Object ID will not change. It will change only when you cut and paste or delete and recreate the object.

Prashu :india: (BOB member since 2005-08-17)

When you open the Full-client document in WEBI, it opens with the saved data in the report and as soon as you refreshes it, it searches for the universe to build query which it does’nt find.

Universe for Full-Client is .unv file and for WEBI is .unw

Please EXPORT the updated universe to the Repository.
Now refresh the WEBI document.

Prabhat

prabhat :india: (BOB member since 2007-01-16)