BusinessObjects Board

Freeze previous results

All,
Here is my problem/challenge.
Weekly I report a performance. I publish a range of 10 weeks. So every week displays a percentage. New received data can change the previous displayed percentages, which I do not want :reallymad: .
The objective
Every next week I only want to add a new week with its percentage but leave the previous published weeks unchanged. In other words, the outcome of these previous weeks should be frozen.

Hope I made myself clear :crazy_face: .

Can someone help me with that?
Thanks in advance
Roel

Roel (BOB member since 2004-09-16)

If the underlying data in the database changes, you would have to either build a data mart (or just an extra table) to populate the data or export the report to an Excel spreadsheet and report from there.

Mark8664,
Thanks for your reply.
What exactly do you mean with a data mart?
Create an extra table? do you mean you can refresh tables seperately?
Thanks,
Roel

If you have enough rights on your database you could create an extra table in which you dump your data. But probably the easiest way is to export the weekdata to an excel sheet and update it weekly. So you will be able to make a report on your exceldata.

Or ask your DBA’er to do something like that in your database. BO-reporter itself isn’t able to deliver the functionality you want.

jobjoris :netherlands: (BOB member since 2004-06-30)

If you think about it, BO reports are refreshed by re-issuing the generated SQL statement(s) to the target database. The results presented depend on what is in that database.
Assuming that you have no direct database access a flat file/excel sheet may be best or indeed building your own Access database based on the Excel sheet may all be solutions for static reporting as you intend.

Also consider why the extra items should not be reported on if they apply to the previous week - is it an FSA requirement for example?

The reason why the previous weeks should be frozen is that the report has to allign to a world wide metric defenition. Thanks for the feedback. Working on the export to, and import from Excel.
Roel

Review this previous thread for a similar discussion, and some alternative ideas.

Dwayne Hoffpauir :us: (BOB member since 2002-09-19)