BusinessObjects Board

Forgot password for Supervisor

Hi,

When we create repository, I think BO runs some scripts that creates database tables. Using these tables, is there a way that I can change the levels of a user from Designer to Supervisor.
Because, I have encountered a strange situation. I created a repository on a schema and as part of it, created one General supervisor initially. Later, created a user and gave supervisor permissions to this user. I have been using the same user for Reporter and Designer. At some point of time later, I changed the access previleges of this user from Supervisor to Designer and exited from that session.
The problem is, now I forgot the password for General Supervisor(Since, I have not been using this for long time). I use to logon to Reporter/Designer/Supervisor only thru the user that has been created from Gen Supervisor. Since, the previlege for this user has been demoted to designer, I am unable to logon to Supervisor anymore.

So, let me know the tables that need to be referred to, that would change the access previleges for this user to supervisor or the password of the Gen Supervisor.

Satish Kurella (BOB member since 2003-08-18)

Please, take a look at FAQ: Supervisor - this question has been answered there.

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

Thanks,

Using the same tables, I used the other way to get supervisor access to my user instead of making the General Supervisor password to NULL.

UPDATE OBJ_M_ACTOR
SET M_ACTOR_N_LEVEL = 4 – level for Gen. supervisor
WHERE M_ACTOR_N_ID = 15; – my user code

UPDATE OBJ_M_ACTORLINK
SET M_ACTL_N_ACTORTYPE = 2 – Type code for Gen. Supervisor
WHERE M_ACTL_N_ACTORID = 15;

Satish Kurella (BOB member since 2003-08-18)