BusinessObjects Board

Folder Security Information

We are applying security at a Folder Level and at LDAP group level, that means. For each folder we assign what LDAP group has what level of access, i.e. whether it has a View On Demand, Full Access or No Access …

I would like to get the security information from the repository and dump it into spread sheet, to compare the security across the environments as well as check the security before and after deploying the code for each release.

I would like to get following info:

Folder Name
LDAP Group
Access Level (View on Demand, No Access, Full Control ..)

In the past, because of some BO bug, it modified our folder security in production, to prevent it currently we are taking screenshots of Folder Security and comparing it with after deploying the code.

Currently we are on XI 3.1 SP2 FP 2.5, is there any utility from BO or is there any SDK code available in BOB forums (ofcourse I searched but, didn’t find it).

Thanks in advance for your time and effort.

Srini.[/code]

srinivas1234 :us: (BOB member since 2005-04-20)

you maybe want to rather try one of the BOBJ Download utilities:

idarif2007 :india: (BOB member since 2010-06-03)

I searched all the utilities, but I didn’t see any utility which matches my requirement unless I am missing something here.

srinivas1234 :us: (BOB member since 2005-04-20)

You need to write everything using CMS sdk! there are also solutions on the market which can help you …

Hello Srinivas,

can you please let me know if you have already got a solution for this?

thanks,
Lee

Leong BO XI (BOB member since 2007-08-09)