BusinessObjects Board

Finding Universe's that shares objects

All,

There are 10 universes. One or two of the objects is shared by various
universes. Let us say, Country is an object, if 6 universes among the 10
universes use that country object, now how do I determine the names of the universe which has or uses this object? What are the steps to find the names of Universes which has this object?

Thanks,

John

JohnJustus :us: (BOB member since 2007-06-25)

Hi,

Do you want to know this for FC or deski reports or webi reports? For FC or deski reports you can use Dwaune’s macro in BOB download’s.

Regards

No, he’s not asking about reports. He’s asking about which universes have objects with the same name.

You could try using the Repository Documentation from BOB’s Downloads. If you happen to be using Oracle, you could use the ManagerO universe to make it easier for yourself.

Without refreshing the documentation and my memory for specifics, I think you’ll find most of what you need among this subset of tables (although I could be missing something on a cursory glance) :

[list]OBJ_M_UNIVERSES has information like the filename and the “external name” for the universe, along with the internal universe ID – which is the key.[/list][list]UNV_CLASS / UNV_CLASS_DATA has Classes[/list][list]UNV_OBJECT / UNV_OBJECT_DATA has Objects[/list]
Each of these tables has hidden IDs which are the true keys – and the values you’re probably trying to match are the “external” object names in OBJ_NAME in the UNV_OBJECT table.

Anita Craig :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)