BusinessObjects Board

Find universes on which reports are based

Hi,

Would it be possible to tell me how I can find out which is the universe a report is based? We have a couple of reports to migrate but I don’t seem to find out which report belongs to which universe.

Thanks.

accessme (BOB member since 2011-06-01)

Are you talking about webi or deski documents? What BO version are you running?

Desktop intelligence ones (if you know how to do it with webi it’s even better). I’m using BO XI 3.1

Thanks.

Me again, “we” are using XI R2. (the other one was for development but we want to retrieve the data from production)

If you can modify the report, you should be able to see / change the universe that’s linked to that dataprovider. That would work for small quantities - if you have a lot, I don’t have a quick answer…

B

bdouglas :switzerland: (BOB member since 2002-08-29)

I know you can modify the data source but there are also objects in the universe which are imported into the report and if I cannot see the universe name it is impossible to know to which universe these objects belong. It’s a strange situation but I have to come up with an answer as soon as possible.

My idea was (as you have said) to see what is the datasource and then go to designer and check the universe datasource. If the two are the same then all is fine. Now I’m looking for a better approach, if there is any. Maybe a VB script or a way to clearly show the universe.

Have a look to the BOBdownload’s area to find a useful macro …

Hi Sebastien,

Do you have any specific name … I could look for days and try everything. Maybe a hint or something would be really appreciated. : )

Thank you.

A good starting point here

In XI 3.1: Go into the CMC - Universes, and find the universe that you are talking about. Right click on it, and choose Tools - Relationships. You will get a list of everything related to that universe (Reports, Connection, Folder). This functionality didn’t exist in XIR2.

MichaelWelter :vatican_city: (BOB member since 2002-08-08)

Hi accessme -

We can help you at no charge as we’re doing a limited beta on software that does just this; you’ll get a complete Deski metadata database and we’ll get your feedback on your experience using our tool. If this sounds like something you’d like to do, drop me a line.

Atul Chowdhury (BOB member since 2003-07-07)

Correct but you will probably get partial results due to unbound reports. Working on the documents directly will give you an accurate vision…