BusinessObjects Board

find reports dependant on event

I have a mixture of a few hundred reports in multiple folders and categories. Approx 50-70 of these are scheduled to work off a specific MonthEnd event (file based event written by a database process).

There were problems with the data used to generate the reports this month, so I need to re-run all the scheduled reports. They are scheduled to occur on specific days and wait for the MonthEnd event. There is no list of the reports that are dependant on this event.

Does anyone know how I can find the list of reports which have a schedule which uses this event?

I’ve taken a look around the CMC and have been unable to figure this out myself.

HuwD :uk: (BOB member since 2007-04-19)

This may help you:-

https://bobj-board.org/t/127677

Mak 1 :uk: (BOB member since 2005-01-06)

Mak,
thanks for the redirect. I hadn’t been able to find anything on how to find items dependant on the trigger. Looking at Query Builder I’ve been able to approach this in a different way, by looking for reports which have the MonthEnd Calendar (using si_scheduleinfo.si_calendar_template_id and have another dependancy (si_scheduleinfo.si_dependancies.si_total > 0)

I could have looked for all items with dependancies and then trawled through the list looking for the ID of the event I was looking for.
Thanks
Huw

HuwD :uk: (BOB member since 2007-04-19)

Huw,

Yeh, that manual way was the only suggestion I had, without referencing the SDK.
Its quite a valid question, however, I’m surprised there isn’t an easier way.
Glad you solved it, luckily, in this case, your schedules were based on a calendar query :).

Cheers,

Mark.

Mak 1 :uk: (BOB member since 2005-01-06)