BusinessObjects Board

Filtering Blank Cells

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Hi All

I have a report consisting of 4 columns;
Facility ID, Outstanding ID, Customer Name and Outstanding Type

Facility ID and Customer Name comes from dataprovider A and Outstanding ID, and Outstanding Type comes from dataprovider B.
And the link between the data providers is Facility RID.

Not all Facility ID will have and Outstanding RID against it hence Outstanding Type will only appear where there is an Outstanding RID.
Below is a sample of the report

Facility RID Outstanding RID Customer Name Outstanding Type
1!4JQK46 TESCO PLC
A15B92MK .R5DM2G9 TESCO PLC SBLC
A15B92MK TESCO ABC
YI5JU7CC TESCO PLC
E(5KLW1C TANGO FINANCE LTD
WO4LHIY6 -H5HD6A7 SMITH & NEPHEW PLC LOAN
WO4LHKCH 175GYD27 SMITH & NEPHEW PLC LOAN

I am trying to filter those Outstanding Type <> SBLC, that is picking up LOAN and Blank (as it appears).
But this is not so, instead it is only picking up those Outstanding type of LOAN

In reality the blank cells only appears when the Facility ID, and Customer Name are included in tables, and it is not really blank in the database level, Does anyone how to add a global filter to the table above so that it will only pick up LOAN and the blank cells.

Any assistance is really appreciated

Rachelle

rachelle (BOB member since 2002-11-13)

Rachelle, have you done a search on, say, data providers blank?

For example, the Reporter FAQ has this answer on “How can I make a table from two data providers and only show data common to both?” Is that what you are trying to do?

Also, you don’t specify which of your objects are dimensions and which are details – and it matters, when you are dealing with multiple data providers, because you can only use unlinked dimensions from one of the data providers.

Anita Craig :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)