BusinessObjects Board

Filter on a Universe

I have to companies on the same universe, is they a way that you can filter this so only 1 company would appear and then create another universe for the other company?

Regards

jql :uk: (BOB member since 2005-05-31)

Seems to me that creating a separate universe for just one company is inefficient.

What is driving the need for the filter? Is it that some users should be restricted to seeing data from only one or the other company?

Crash :us: (BOB member since 2004-04-27)

you can do it filtering a or several “company” column in each table where it appears in supervisor group.

bernard timbal :fr: (BOB member since 2003-05-26)

Hi,

Yes in supervisor. You can create two groups group A company A and group B company B. Then affect to these two groups your universe smith.unv. Then under supervisor for each group change the smith universe properties (for group A you can put a restriction on lines like company=company A, and for group B you can put a restriction on lines like company=company B)

Hope this will help you

Regards

Hi Bernard,

Sorry writting the same answer :wink: :wink:

Admins could you move this topic to supervisor forum.

Regards

If you need more information upon this have have look to thisFAQ.

Regards

Thanks all.
I have to have to seperate uni’s as they are hospitals and are very strict about who see’s patients details.
Will look into Supervisor.

Thanks

jql :uk: (BOB member since 2005-05-31)

The suggested solution of row level security implies one universe. When hospital 1 staff runs a report they would only see hospital 1 data and when hospital 2 staff runs a report they would only see hospital 2 data.

Maintaining two universes can become a big headache.

Crash :us: (BOB member since 2004-04-27)

You are right Crash :yesnod:

but you can manage it by using linked universes.

Regards