BusinessObjects Board

Filling in the blanks!

Hi

Is it possible to force BO to enter categories into a cross tab?

I have calculated the time difference between two datetimes and then grouped these into categories based on the value. For example 0-2h, 2-6h, 6-12h, 12-24h, 1-2d, 2-3d…>6d

only thing is…that sometimes there is no entry for a specific category and therefore not in the crosstab. I can totally understand why it doesn’t appear but is there a way I can get it to show even if there is no data for it?

Also, how do you replace blanks with zeros in a crosstab?

As usual, your help is most welcome and appreciated.

I have attached a couple of screenshots

Thanks
Steve
Force Data into a Block For Crosstab.doc (39.0 KB)

laylos (BOB member since 2008-09-17)

Hi,

This entry in the Reporter FAQ will help:

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

Hi Mark

Thanks for the info…now I know how to link data providers!!! :smiley:

Thing is that it does not work for me in this instance.

First of all, maybe I should mention the universe is created from an excel spreadsheet. The hourly grouping is a derived field not in the spreadsheet but I create it in BOb.

I have created another spreadsheet with all the hourly groupings i want in the crosstab in preparation of linking the data providers…But when I open the Data Providers box and expand the data in the data providers I only see the data fields from the spreadsheets and not those I have derived… :? So i can’t link them…I suppose…or can I???

If you can think of anything (or anyone else reading this post then that would be great). Hopefully I can get this done before heading of on FRIDAY!!!

Cheers
Steve

Unfortunately in this case, you can link data providers only using their common objects. Not using a report-level variable :nonod:

Can you move the calculation of hourly groups from BO to Excel (to the source) so it would be a part of the data provider and available for linking?

Otherwise, if you don’t go the way with 2 linked dataproviders, you would need to have all hourly groups available already in data in order to show all groups in the cross-tab.

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

Ok…thanks :+1:

I don’t really like excel so if i can avoid it then i will try :wink:

I may be getting Designer and building my own universes. Do you know anyway I could do implement this in Designer/Universe design?

I’m going home soon…so have a great weekend!

Cheers
Steve