BusinessObjects Board

Fact table with measure/dimension object problems

i am using BO5, i have several FACT table,but everytime i add it to universe,those objects are dimension type ,not measure type.How can i add a fact table with all the objects being measure without changing each object from dimension to measure one by one?

Example
T_FAC_TEST
-dimension column1
-dimension column2

What i want is

T_FAC_TEST
-measure column1
-measure column2

jacky400 (BOB member since 2004-06-10)

You can’t. When you properly assign SQL aggregation e.g. Sum(table.column). The objects will automatically change.

Steve Krandel :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-25)

Thanks for your prompt reply.
Is there a way to massive change the objects from dimension to mesure and set it to sum aggeration ? Could it be possible via alter the respository ?

How many columns in total are we talking about?

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

My fact table have over 600 columns and i want to change the object from dimension to measure and set the aggeration to none.

Thx

It sounds like you let BusinessObjects create the objects for you by just dragging-and-dropping the table in Designer?

That’s a quick-and-dirty technique, and I’d say you got quick-and-dirty results. I always build my own objects, and give them meaningful names and nice textual meaningful descriptions (“help”). The extra time to make the Select of the object just right, and checking the type of object and the projection to use are relatively small.

Anita Craig :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)

Another option is the Designer SDK. This utility does something similar with object names and descriptions. You can tweak it to do the same for the Select statement, Qualification, Aggregate behavior, and so forth. It would need to be a very high volume to justify writing a SDK solution, but it is an option.

Dwayne Hoffpauir :us: (BOB member since 2002-09-19)