BusinessObjects Board

Face to face interview

hi guys,

i had a phone interview for a business object developer position last week which went pretty well and the client almost confirmed me…they have called me for a face to face interview next week…kindly let me know what can be their possible questions? any help regarding this will be greatly appreciated.

thanks!

sha123 (BOB member since 2006-12-02)

They are going to ask about you and what your actual experience is with the products.

If you know the products, you’ll have no trouble. If you don’t, please don’t ask us to teach you.

Steve Krandel :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-25)

I’ll re-iterate what Steve said; we’ve recently finished a recruitment search for a BO Developer - the CV was the first step to getting the interview but the questions varied, depending upon the cv. Each job is potentially slightly different - you’ve already seen the array of products in the Business Objects suite and that’s without the different flavour of RDBMS that the company could use.

Someone might want 6.5.1 full client, SQL Server and DTS skills.
Another company might want XIr2, Oracle and Data Integrator.

You will (or at least should!) be interviewed to see how close a fit you are to the job available. If you are the closest fit, you should get the job.

there is a sticky on interview questions.

Decisys :de: (BOB member since 2004-05-21)

If you passed the phone interview AND you know the product, then what are you worried about? Be confident and enthusiastic and hope for the best.

Kashif Saeed :pakistan: (BOB member since 2004-06-02)

Hi ,

well congratulations!!! I am also giving interviews as business object developer.i had also phone interviews but did not get response.could you please share your interview experience?i mean what kind of question you faced?how did you prepare ? here is one of the website that my friends told me http://www.wgpeople.com/cc_face2face.htm[url] .you can mail me on frenny2002@yahoo.com

Thanks
frenny

frenny (BOB member since 2006-11-29)

Cool Site :+1: … my advice is to use the interview to see if YOU would want to work for the company … interview THEM … and do your homework about the company before going to the interview

Chris Pohl :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-18)

Very true. Speaking as someone who has changed jobs a few times…This is the most important part. You have to want to work for them.

Chris, how did you know this. You haven’t had a job interview in what? 20 years? :wink:

Steve Krandel :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-25)

Some things never change :smiley:

Chris Pohl :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-18)

This is very true :slight_smile: . As a contractor I have turned down a few jobs, even when the money is good.
This has either been because I don’t think the company have grasped certain things or are going to deal with things appropriately - technically or non technically - to enable both my progression and the success of the project.
There is a real difference in working somewhere where you get on with the team, thus achieving both good results and fulfillment compared to somewhere where you just attend each day.

This sort of approach only really comes into play once you have the experience and confidence to play this role as long as you are not talking rubbish :!: I have found employers to be fairly receptive to this though and I have a good interview to job conversion rate… :yesnod:

Mak 1 :uk: (BOB member since 2005-01-06)