BusinessObjects Board

Extracting Objects with the DB mapping from CMS

I want to be able to extract from the CMS or from Designer the following information about a unverse:

Universe,Object Name, select part used in definition of object, where part used in definition of object, Description of Object

I tried to go to the CMS db but the names of the objects and mappings etc are all in binary and not intelligible. Is there anything in the SDK or something like that to get at this sort of information?

I am already aware of the PDF documentation available for the Universe Definition but my most important need is for the mapping between the DB and the objects in BO.

Thanks.

bouk :uk: (BOB member since 2006-02-19)

dont make it hard :smiley: . You can achieve with the Audit(Activity Universe) and the Audit Reports delivered with the XI R2.
I havent explored in detail as we just unpacked them last week. But the Universe name,the SQL,object name can be extracted from it.If you explore more you can make your audit more customized from this Audit universe with out SDK :smiley:

Sheshachala5 :india: (BOB member since 2004-01-09)

Thanks.

The Activity Universe is good for auditing info but to get object names, desc of object, select part of sql, where part separately is a bit difficult. This universe is used to get all logged actions info etc.

I am thinking more on the lines of the the data based on the Designer SDK Object Model. This has detailed info directly related to what i want.

bouk :uk: (BOB member since 2006-02-19)

So, then, did you take a look at Dwayne’s recent addition to BOB’s Downloads?

Anita Craig :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)