BusinessObjects Board

Exporting Summary Report

I have a report designed that prints 33 rows. When I export the report to either Excel or a TXT file I receive 429 rows. The report shows the departmental payroll in summary. When it is exported it shows a line for each employee in their assigned department. Is there anyway to have the exported file show the information in the same format as the report is designed, not in the detail tha is given?

dburns :canada: (BOB member since 2005-06-20)

Hi and welcome to B :mrgreen: B,

do you save your report into the XLS/TXT format via File → Save or do you export the dataprovider data using Data Manager window → result tab, export button?

Marek

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

I had been using Data Manager->Result Tab, Export Button. I tried to use the other method(File->Save As…) and chose both XLS and TXT. They both saved the records that I wanted, the problem with that is I would prefer to have a CSV file. Obviously the XLS format gives me an Excel file and the TXT format gave me tab delimited. Not quite what I am looking for for my situation. Any more ideas?

dburns :canada: (BOB member since 2005-06-20)

The problem of the way you save/export your data is that you export the pure dataproviders’ data - data as it was extracted from the database. So no groupings, no summaries, no calculated variables/formulas, just the details as you got them from DB.

How about if you save the report in tab delimitted format and then you replace tabs with the commas using any textfile editor (Notepad, TextPad, …)?

Marek

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

Look in our FAQ: Reporter at this entry. (FAQ = Frequently Asked Questions)

Anita Craig :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)