BusinessObjects Board

Export unv to groups changed after migrating to 3.1.3-fix?

In xir2 I set up security to export universes to specific groups- my universe designer was a member of all groups.
I’ve migrated to XIr3.1.3 - took security et al. Now I’m trying to export a universe to a group and my groups are no longer listed to export to - only Unv Designer users, and report conversion user group are shown for the domain /universe folder. - why don’t I even get the everyone group?

This must be a rights issue in CMC but I can’t track it down. anyone else have a train of thought that I haven’t derailed yet?

In CMC Under Universes there is a folder called universe - the everyone group has view objects, edit objects, data access, and create and edit queries. Admins and Unv Designers have full control. On the universe itself- the everyone group has no access, and the specific user group has full control. This is all the same as it was in my previous XIR2 install.

What could I be missing?

xir2sp2 --> xir3.1.3
windows 2003 - IIS
UDB repos.

benslow :us: (BOB member since 2005-11-04)

You need to have a look to the security you setup on groups themselves.

CMC/Groups/Manage security for all groups…

This user somehow was removed from the Universe Designer User Group that I created for Universe Deisgner App users in BOxi2. My quick fix was going to be to add this user to the Administrators group with full access. but a bit more hunting discovered the missing user.
Rights definitely did not come over from BOxiR2 very nicely. Public categories are unviewable… some high level rights have changed for sure. I’m annoyed.

There are few changes regarding the XI3 security compared to XIR2

Have look to this post there are presentation around that topic …

Thats the way our security has been set up since we started BOBJ in version 5.x We call them ‘privileges’ groups and ‘data access’ groups. And we set up each user with privileges and data.

I double checked to be sure my designer user was in my designer privilege group in BOXI2 and then I verified that my user did NOT come over to BO3 when i used the import wizard. I’ll never be able to explain that one. but fixed with adding my user back to the group.