BusinessObjects Board

Export Rights from Custom Access Level to Excel

There is no way to achieve this using the query builder or even the security viewer… CMS sdk is the only way to get the list you need.

Hi,
maybe someone has created vba macro to export rights form acces levels to excel?

Thanks

kkl :poland: (BOB member since 2009-07-16)

@Sebastien. What is the class in the .NET SDK that gives you the CALs information? I know there is function in the JAVA SDK that gives you the info but couldn’t find one in the .NET SDK.

@kkl. I ended up checking all the rights one by one and compare them with my CALs. For instance, if my “content standard” CAL had 10 rights, I checked all the rights (from the infoObject) against these 10. I know this is not the right way to do it and takes a lot of time, however it worked for me until I learn how to use the Java SDK.

rbrito :ecuador: (BOB member since 2007-09-06)

Hi,

I also faced same problem of exporting access level’s included rights to excel for documentation purpose.
We can do this by an option in Excel sheet: Data–>Import External Data–>New Web Query option and give the CMC (3.1) URL there and navigate till access levels included rights and select the appropriate table and import.

rambhargav (BOB member since 2006-08-01)

There is no .net sdk for this …

Hi All

Did anyone was able to find a way to export the custom access levels to Excel. I searched BOB’s download also, but could not find anything…

I have to document custom access levels for BO 3.1 sp3 and looking for some utility or excel macro.

Thanks

rajx72 (BOB member since 2006-08-02)

Hi Guys,

Any luck with this exporting issue :?:

Please suggest if any one acheived it. :hb:

Thanks,
Nickie

nickie :us: (BOB member since 2010-02-16)

Hello,
We are on the same boat?
Pls post if anyone had any workaround or any solution?

Regards,

bosapguru (BOB member since 2010-04-17)

Hi,

Any update regarding the export of customer access levels to Excel?

Thank you.

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

Hi

No still the same stuff CMS sdk, third party tool …

I think this feature doesn’t exist even in BI4 … Need to double check this!

OK, thanks.

Maybe it’s time to learn Java and how to use the BOBJ SDK :slight_smile: I already downloaded Eclipse but haven’t time to start learning it.

Hello,

We had a similar problem (extract security configuration and real user rights for a list of documents) that we solved with a amazing third part tool which allow repository metada access throw standard SQL.

I’ve checked it for your answer. I’ve created a webi report which list all access level and their definition. :smiley:

Yann

Yannsen T. :netherlands: (BOB member since 2011-04-14)

Hi,

Good to know that the 3rd party tools exist. However, there is no budget to buy them now.

Yannsen may be referring to the CMS/Connect tool offered by Infolytik Solutions (http://www.infolytik.com/products). The free version is pretty good. The version that you have to pay for is supposed to have advance security reporting in it.

We only have the free version so I can’t tell you if it would answer your security questions.

Even if it doesn’t answer you security questions, the free version is worth a look.

Hi,

I know CMS/Connect, tried it few times last year.

However, the specific question I have can’t be answered by the free/community edition, only the enterprise edition is capable of reporting on custom access levels.

I have installed BO XI 4.0 SP02 Patch14 and there is no option to export the custom access levels to excel or any other file format.

rbrito :ecuador: (BOB member since 2007-09-06)

By the way there is no real new things within the BI4 CMC because it is just a copy of the XI3 one …

I just posted some code in the uploads forum that lists rights in all custom access levels. It will be available in the downloads forum once approved.

BoB LoblaW :us: (BOB member since 2007-10-23)

Done.

I have used it couple of times. It works very well.

kumara1a (BOB member since 2014-12-11)