BusinessObjects Board

Export Deski 5.1.8 to Excel

Hello All,

Yesterday, I had to make some adjustment at an BO 5.1.8 application for a customer of ours….Yes, they still exist!!
They have some Deski reports with macro’s included.

These Macro’s automatically export the Deski report to .PDF and .HTML, see scripting below

Open Filenaam For Input As #1 ’ Open file for input.
Do While Not EOF(1) ’ Loop until end of file.
Input #1, teller, Omschrijving
Set rep = ActiveDocument.Reports.Item(1)
’ MsgBox Filenaam & " " + rep.Name
ActiveDocument.Variables.Item(“Geef_Nieuwe_Waarde”).Value = teller
ActiveDocument.Refresh
rep.ExportAsPDF (“d:\test” + rep.Name & Format(teller, “#”) & “” & Omschrijving & “” & Draaidatum)
’ rep.ExportAsRtf (“d:\test” + rep.Name & Format(teller, “#”) & “” & Omschrijving & “” & Draaidatum)
rep.ExportAsHtml (“d:\test” + rep.Name & Format(teller, “#”) & “” & Omschrijving & “” & Draaidatum)
’ rep.ExportAsText (“d:\test” + rep.Name & Format(teller, “#”) & “” & Omschrijving & “” & Draaidatum)

Loop
Close #1 ’ Close file.
Application.Interactive = True
’ ActiveDocument.Close (2)
End Sub

Is it also possible to export the Deski reports to Excel? ==> rep.ExportAsXls does not work!!
As far as I know, this is only possible with a Conversion Add-in. Am I correct??

If so, where can I find this Conversions.zip to install this on the customers desktop?

Regards,

RoPi

RoPi (BOB member since 2007-02-22)

Hi,

The mentioned method does not work in your BO version. It was added in the BO 6.x version.

Are you looking for this?

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

Hello Marek,

Thx for your reply.

Yes, I also found that link.
But where to download/find the addin installation?

Regards,

RoPi

The zipped file contains a PDF document where it’s described how to install the add-in. Can you see the PDF?

I can download the pdf, but I still need a conversions.zip…??

The zipped file contains the PDF document where it’s described how to install and use the BO add-in. And the actual BO add-in is the second file (the .rea file) in the zipped file.