BusinessObjects Board

Export Corporate documents (FC) from Test to Prod Domain in

Hi Gurus’,
Is there any process to export Corporate documents from Dev to Test and finally to Production?
OK! In my current deployment (BO 5.1.6), I got Single repository (SQL Server) with multiple domains. Like:
Single Security Domain with
· Dev Universe Domain,
· Test Universe Domain and
· Production Universe Domain
· Dev Document Domain,
· Test Document Domain
· Production Document Domain

Generally we develop all our development work in Dev domain then transfer to test domain finally to production domain. Some time it becomes very difficulty if you got no of documents (say 80 to 100) to export from Test to Production. So, I’m in search of finding an automatic process, I mean to say any Macro or ad inn, which can to this job.
I tried to search on this forum – but I couldn’t find any relevant thread. Your help or advised appreciated.

TAMBU (BOB member since 2004-03-03)

Hi Tambu,

You’re right you can use VBA. Have look to BOB Download’s !!

Regards

you can just select all the documents and send it to the required document domain.you dont want to do that??

venira :india: (BOB member since 2004-12-07)

As Goiffon suggests, check this entrie in BOB download section :

bernard timbal :fr: (BOB member since 2003-05-26)

Hi venira !

What you forgot is that you have to change manually the universe in each dp of the right universe domain ! :wink:

Regards

Ooops!!I’m sorry… :crazy_face:

venira :india: (BOB member since 2004-12-07)

To do it, you have to use the addins i mention in my last post :wink:

bernard timbal :fr: (BOB member since 2003-05-26)

Thanks for all you responses,
I have seen the addin you mention in Download area, this utility is to change the document from one universe to another. To do that you have to keep all your documents in a particular path (in this case “C:/ Info sole”).But in my case all my reports are in corporate documents (Repository)
What I’m after is, in our scenario we got Test _domain (TD) having Test_Report (TR) attached Test_universe( TU). On the other hand we got Prod_Domain (PD) with Prod_Reports (PR) attached to Prod_universe (PU)
Now we want to change TR from TD to PD. Like that we want to migrate 80 to 100 reports.
In order to achieve my requirement, First I want to retrieve all my documents from Test Domain then change the Test Universe to Production Universe then Export all to Production Domain. Can I do this?

TAMBU (BOB member since 2004-03-03)