BusinessObjects Board

Exception c0000005 when trying to save report

When the Stack error is being displayed, copy the temporary folder path.
Clear all the contents in the temporary folder path and its parent and log in again.

Thanks,
Sathish

psathish :india: (BOB member since 2006-03-15)

Hi Sathish,

Thanks for the reply.I tried doing that, but still iam getting the Abort error.

NJChristy (BOB member since 2005-05-21)

Take a look at this item in the CHF file … Problem ID # ADAPT00576142. There is a bug that causes the crash when saving, after the data is purged from the data provider(s). That fix worked for me.

Dwayne Hoffpauir :us: (BOB member since 2002-09-19)

Where do i find this CHF file, or other infoe on the errror ADAPT00576142 ?

I get the same “Saving Error”.

1 processor x Family 15 Model 0 Stepping 0
Windows 2000 Server (Terminal Server) v5.0 build 2195 (S)
Physical Total/Avail: 2.097.151 Kb / 1.952.232 KbTemp directory C:\DOCUME~1\bhoeller\LOCALS~1\Temp\5\ (1 Kb available)
‘Unknown’ video card
1280 x 1024 with 65536 colors

Unhandled Exception
Code: c0000005
Description: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION

Call stack:

Module at 0x54e30000: E:\INSTALL\BO_XI\BusinessObjects Enterprise 11.5\win32_x86\boDeploy.dll v 11.5.3.417 [E]
address: 0x54e3c495
address: 0x54e41c49

prinzartus :austria: (BOB member since 2006-09-07)

When loggin in to DeskI please ensure to check wheter you want to connect to your server directly ({servername}) or via the J2EE Portal ({servername} (J2EE Portal)). The latter is usually set to default when calling DeskI from InfoView.

We recieved this error when refreshing a report and this solved the issue.

The same applies when you are missing free-hand SQL or Stored Procedures in the drop down for other data sources.

Hope this helps!

fornofm :de: (BOB member since 2004-08-23)

We are still getting this error directly from/in Deski (accessing Deski directly, NOT using Infoview).
Anyone else getting this error (“U n h a n d l e d E x c e p t i o n C o d e : c 0 0 0 0 0 0 5. E X C E P T I O N _ A C C E S S _ V I O L A T I O N” )??

Captspeed :us: (BOB member since 2006-10-03)

The above mentioned is for use of DeskI without InfoView!

Did you try it?

fornofm :de: (BOB member since 2004-08-23)

I did try the workaround module, and it DID WORK!!
However, I have a couple questions regarding this workaround & temporary solution (for the Deski “Save as” aborting/crashing problem).

Question 1: In order to solve the “Save as” Abort problem, does the module have to be saved within EACH AND EVERY BO REPORT within the Repository??

If so, then, while this IS a workaround solution, this is also NOT a very practical one. As we have over 1500 Reports that are retrieved & used throughout our enterprise. This means I have to open 1500 Reports and save the module within each one individually. :blue: Umm, sorry but I don’t think so… :rotf:

Question 2: Instead of doing the above (ie. WITHOUT having to manually open each and every Report in Repository to load/save this module), is there instead a way to have BOXI “automatically” load & run this module (in deski) for/in each newly opened deski session?

Thanks!

I just found another possible workaround option for the abort problem!!

When doing a “Save as”, once the dialog window pops up click on the “Options” button.
Once the “Options” window pops up, there’s a section toward the bottom of the window called “Options for current document”. Within this section there is a text box there called “Write Reservation Password:”.
Does anyone know the purpose of this text box OR has anyone tried using it? I’m thinking that maybe this textbox could be used to bypass the problem of a user being aborted due to him/her NOT having “Write” Rights to the Destination Root.

Has anyone tried or tested this yet (regarding the abort problem)??

I have another solution which is documented on BO Site

http://technicalsupport.businessobjects.com/KanisaSupportSite/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=c2019654&sliceId=&dialogID=16990214&stateId=1%200%2016986496

If after MHF1 and CHF16 your boDeploy.DLL is dated 31/08/06 replace it with an earlier one dated 24/02/06. The DLL is in the Win32_x86 directory. They do not actually say this on there site but it solved the problem for us.

regards

Macroman

Macroman :uk: (BOB member since 2002-11-13)

I just got an official reply about this problem from BO Support. This is what they said:

"I know this issue has occurred before. You theory of the temp file is correct as well. This does happen with Save As only with larger documents as you have noted. There is already a bug logged for this issue. It is scheduled to be fixed right now in Service Pack 3, due out around the end of September this year (this is tentative of course). "

Looks like the forthcoming SP3 has some pretty substantial fixes & updates in it.
Here’s to waiting for September…

Unbelievable SP2 is due out I think around mid June of this year why on earth are they waiting till end of September this year, this does appear to be a common problem from what I have seen on this fantastic forum, I really do hope they release the fix sooner that September 2007.

Macroman :uk: (BOB member since 2002-11-13)

Hi Captspeed,

I have the same problem on the server, but it work on my PC :?:
I can do a ‘save as’ .xls, .rep, .txt, but not in .pdf.
I have the same message ‘Exception c0000005 …’

what is the workaround module that you talk about on your post :

Posted: 21 Feb 2007 14:45 Post subject: Re: Exception c0000005 when trying to save report

I did try the workaround module, and it DID WORK!!

thanks

yann.db :fr: (BOB member since 2007-03-20)

yann.db,
check below link.

ok, thanks Capsteed.
But it will be too long to do that and I think i’ve got some other problems with windows 2003 server installation in multi language

If Business Objects is aware of this, does anyone have the ADAPT number assigned to the fix?

thanks

dchrista :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-19)

I’ve try to install the SP2 and now it’s working well.
:smiley:

yann,
Can I ask what OS you have on your machine. We’re still running Windows 2000, and I tried with SP and no longer get the error, but it closed DeskI completely when I tried savng a large report.

thanks

[quote:8055958533=“yann.db”]I’ve try to install the SP2 and now it’s working well.
:smiley:
[/quote]

What is your current CHF level (14, 15 or 16)?

I was running CHF14, and installed sp2 over top of it.