BusinessObjects Board

Error when Refreshing a Report - ERR_WIS_30270

Hi All

Its 6 years since I logged into the forum - tho’ I have been reading posts from time to time when I’ve hit problems - but I’ve been handed a new role of Administering a new BI v4 installation. With no training. Great :?

Keeping things as simple as possible has helped, but now I’ve come across a problem when refreshing reports in the BI Launchpad. I’ve seen lots of previous posts about this issue that mention report prompts, server caching etc, etc. However, my issue is (almost certainly) to do with permissions.

I have a folder structure of

• All Reports (default root folder)
    • UserReports (subfolder)

I have a user User1. This user is a member of the default groups

• Everyone
  • QaaWS Group Designer

The QaaWS Group Designer group has View on Demand permissions on the Root folder and the UserReports subfolder

When I login to the BI Launchpad as User1 and open a report in the UserReports subfolder, I can do everything I would expect EXCEPT refresh the report. The Refresh icon is enabled, but when clicked it displays the error 'An internal error occured while calling ‘processDPCommandsEx’ API. (Error: ERR_WIS_32070) (WIS 32070)

However … if I log in to the BI Launchpad as Administrator (which has out-of-the-box full permissions on the folders and is a member of the Administrators group) and run the same report, I can successfully refresh the report.

Note that if I open the WebIntelligence tool (from the BI Lauchpad) and try and refersh the report in there, the same thing happens - success as Administrator but failure as User1.

The only thing I can reasonably think of it that there must be a certain permission (or permissions) that needs to be enabled for the User Group QaaWS Group Designer to allow User1 to refresh. Any ideas? I am close to giving up.

Thanks

Ian

IanLouden (BOB member since 2007-09-12)

Have you provided access to the universe and associated connection?

Mak 1 :uk: (BOB member since 2005-01-06)

Hi Mak - Thanks for the speedy response. I hadn’t granted access to the universe and connections. I have now … but I still get the same error :frowning:

FYI. I’ve given User Group QaaWS Group Designer Full Control on All Universes and All Connections (to try and be on the safe side).

Any other suggestions to help someone who is clearly out of his depth?

Thanks

Hang on. I may have made a balls of this. I will retry and repost

You might find this useful, it pertains to version 3.1, but is a useful startying point for you.

https://bobj-board.org/t/119849

Hi Mak.

I did make a balls of it - rushing too much. I have done it properly now. It works. Thank you. Is it inappropriate to say I love you? In a non-gender specific way, of course :slight_smile:

Cheers

Ian

:? :mrgreen: LOL.

Good luck with the admin Ian. Its not that hard, although initially hard to pick up and a good skill to learn…