BusinessObjects Board

Error during SQL Execution:(DA0003)

I hope someone can help me with this one.

I am getting this following error,when running an Select ‘ALL’ object with the ‘ALL’ object syntax condition(i.e.)

(@Select(class/object) IN @Prompt(‘Text’,‘type’,‘class/object’,multi,free) )
OR
(‘ALL’ IN @Prompt(‘Text’,‘type’,‘class/object’,multi,free) )

The error that I am getting is,

Exception: DBD, [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Syntax error converting the varchar value ‘[ALL]’ to a column of data type int.State: 22018.

Can anyone tell me how this can be resolved.

kart1981 (BOB member since 2006-10-24)

i am mainly getting this error while trying to run a report with the ‘ALL’ object.

kart1981 (BOB member since 2006-10-24)

Kart:

I can’t tell you about the problem you are having in Business Objects terms, however, in Microsoft SQL Server tems, SQL server is complaining that you are comparing a char (varchar) to an integer. If you are trying to get an “all” capability but based on an integer field, I’m sure there is a solution but I don’t know what it is.

Hopefully this gives you an idea as to what the problem is and how now to research the solution…

John

jsanzone :us: (BOB member since 2006-09-12)

Hi Have you got the full syntax you are using as I presume the sample you have posted is not the actual syntax

Please also see this post as it discusses the exact syntax to use

irish_stan :ireland: (BOB member since 2003-05-13)

Hey! did u resolve this issue ? I would appreciate your help i am having the same problem, Pls help with the solution

Sanjay

sanjay_usa1 (BOB member since 2007-02-15)

Hey! did u resolve this issue ? I would appreciate your help i am having the same problem, Pls help with the solution

Sanjay

sanjay_usa1 (BOB member since 2007-02-15)