BusinessObjects Board

Error - ADM0169

Hi Team,
We are currently performing an upgrade from 6.1b to 6.5.1 and getting an error : ADM0169
We did scan and repair, but still gets the same error. We checked the archives and didnt get the proper solution.
Any ideas please !!
Thanks,

ellis27 :us: (BOB member since 2004-06-22)

Have you looked at tech support resolution 18152? This error is usually caused by the fact that you’ve copied your repository to do the upgrade. The problem is that your domains are still pointing to the old place. The machine running the upgrade doesn’t have access to the old place.

Steve Krandel :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-25)

Steve,
Thanks for the idea, We will try the same case process posted on the BO techsupport. I will update you on this soon.
TIA,

Steve,
I’m little confused when it comes to Repository Migration from 6.1b to 6.5.1.
We have a repository on 6.1b pointing to XX database and have around 12 Universes pointing to different databases.
We want to UPGRADE BO version, pointing to the same XX database.

Example Detail :

We want to Upgrade BO Repository version like, (pointing to same Data Account)

Any ideas will be helpful…

Ellis – I think your problem is that your connections to the data tables in XX database should be fine. Steve’s comments indicate that you may have copied your repository, but forgot to do a step – you need to immediately change the connection of your Document and Universe domains to “point” to your new repository.

See this note on repository migration in our Supervisor FAQ.

Anita Craig :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)