BusinessObjects Board

Email Notification after successful run in BCA

Hi All,
I’m looking for a Macro which can send an email to group of users about the ‘Reports refreshed successfully’… I have checked the forum and didnt find any relevant or exactly solutions. I haven’t written any macros so far and would like to have some jumpstart. Can anyone help me in this regard…
Thanks,

ellis27 :us: (BOB member since 2004-06-22)

A quickstart would be to define a AfterRefresh procedure in VB and then use a Outlook client (see samples on this board, eg here) or use a system call to start your favourite SMTP command line tool.

HenkK

HenkK :netherlands: (BOB member since 2004-03-02)

Are you intested in letting your users know when a group of reports is finished or when each report is done?

dirmiger :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-28)

An exact solution is alot to ask for.

You should be able to simply modify one of the existing ones that exports a document to PDF or XLS and sends it. If you eliminate that part, then you just change the message body and subject and it works.

My question for you: Why are you doing this? You should train the users to know that the report will be there when they need it. Otherwise they are going to get a message at the same time every day. After a week, they will ignore it and it will become unneccessary.

Steve Krandel :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-25)

Hi,

I’m new to VBA and BCA. I need some inputs to start with.
We’ve similar kind of requirement.
We’ve nearly 70 reports running on BCA. Each report has it’s own run date. Now a days most of the reports are failing. So we want to find out which report failed so that we can run them manually. We (developers) would like to receive an email when the report fails.
Is the possible?
I looked at the code but didn’t understand much. Could you please tell me where I can get the VBA help (like methods, functions) for BCA and other products.

Thanks,

Sree Konduri (BOB member since 2005-07-14)

If you are licensed to use the VBA part, you can download the information from the BO Tech Support site.

Steve Krandel :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-25)

Thanks for the reply.

is my requirement is acheviable using VBA? Please let me know.

My Requirement: We’ve nearly 70 reports running on BCA. Each report has it’s own run date. Now a days most of the reports are failing. So we want to find out which report failed so that we can run them manually. We (developers) would like to receive an email when the report fails.

Thanks,

Sree Konduri (BOB member since 2005-07-14)