BusinessObjects Board

Dynamically creating LOV (BO 6.5)

I have a report (BO 6.5) in which the possible LOV displayed for one prompt depends on the answer provided by the user to another prompt. Is it possible to do any or all of the following:

1. Use universe/BO/VBA to control the possible values that appear in the LOV for a given prompt depending on the answer to a previous prompt?

2. Control the order in which the user answers the prompts in order to ensure that the correct LOV is displayed for each prompt?

For example, say the user was to first select a country and then select a city in that country. I want the user to first select the country wihout being able to select any city and, once a country is selected, I only want cities in that country to appear in the LOV for the city prompt. Any help would be appreciated.

tdeasy2000 (BOB member since 2007-02-09)

You can do this by cascading or nested prompts
But it will be one prompt for eg country and within it you can have another prompt to pass city, in this way you will have only those countries for the city selected.
For more details look into Designer FAQ for cascading prompts

Cheers

haider :es: (BOB member since 2005-07-18)

[Moderator Note: Cascading prompts can be done on universe level so I have moved the topic from BusinessObjects Classic forum to Semantic Layer.]

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

Got it working in BO 6.5 Full Client, but here comes the stickler…

Any way to get this to work in InfoView???

I’m guessing probably not using the universe, but is there some way (possibly using VBA?) to get similar functionality in the web interface?

tdeasy2000 (BOB member since 2007-02-09)