BusinessObjects Board

Duplicate reports between .rep files

Dear BO experts,

Is there a way to copy the contents (table, graph, textcel, lay-out) of a report between different .rep files?

For 6 reports I need to insert a new page, with similar lay-out. the rest of the pages are different so it is not a wise way to just duplicate the file and adapt it for the specific party which is reported in the report.

For the DataProviders I used the very usefull add-in and this worked okay. I searched but I didnā€™y find anaything a like for reports.

thanx for the tips/undiscovered add-ins and else i need to click a few hours the same thing :frowning:

jonathanwisgerhof :netherlands: (BOB member since 2004-12-23)

Start with this.

Steve Krandel :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-25)

I saw that add-in in the download-section but I tought ā€˜report variabelsā€™ didnā€™t include ā€˜reportā€™-sheets with there entire content.

A this time I cannot check It because Iā€™am @ home without BO installed. But you are sure?

Yes that addin can do it. Just download it and rest assured.It will copy the data providers and also the variables. but make sure you create variables instead of formulas.

Abishek :us: (BOB member since 2004-12-09)

The utility copies data providers and named variables. It does not copy report tabs. The closest you can come is to save a report tab as a template, switch to the new document and apply the template. Repeat for each tab. This method works for simple reports, but is far from perfect on even moderately complex reports. For that reason I did not include ā€œreport copyā€ functionality in the utility.

Dwayne Hoffpauir :us: (BOB member since 2002-09-19)

thanx Iā€™ll try.

How do you define complex or simple, the reports contains some graphs and some simple tables with calculated %'s.

Dwayne Hoffpauir thnx It work fine for me.

The report duplicate did need changes anyway so the use of the template with imported DPā€™s work fine. Many hours are saved in this way.