BusinessObjects Board

dumping Universe description

hi,

I would like to get a description of the Universe. What I would like to see is the Field names with the path, the SQL to extract the field, and the comment on the field.

for example, given this universe
Class 1
var1
var2
Class 2
var3

I would like to get

/Class1/var1; select xyz … ; This field represent xyz
/class1/var2; select abc …

Note that I don’t have access to Designer, only to reporter.
I’ve asked my support team, but they don’t seem to know exactly if it could be done. So if you could give me some hint, I could go back to them.

thanks,
Benoit

benoitd (BOB member since 2004-06-30)

I think you can do it with a meta-univers (repository-based univers) which allow you to obtain such elements and make reports of the univers structure. As your Bo team if they have such univers

bernard timbal :fr: (BOB member since 2003-05-26)

yes, they seem to have a meta-universe … but from what I understand, they don’t know exactly how to use it.

benoitd (BOB member since 2004-06-30)

Check to see if someone has set up the managero.unv or “Designer Universe for Oracle” Universe… It use to come in the Freeware Directory and is what you are looking for. Being that it is a Universe you can use Reporter to do all the queries that you asked about.

Are you using Oracle? Anyhow… this universe needs to have a connection pointing to the Business Objects Repository that you need to query.

David Smith :us: (BOB member since 2002-07-10)

We’ve also placed a copy of those tools here on BOB for your convenience.

Dwayne Hoffpauir :us: (BOB member since 2002-09-19)