BusinessObjects Board

DS Source table , Target table,Job name etc. extraction

Hi,

I am trying to create a report against all the DS jobs with the below fields from DS repository database (AL_Parent_Child view) using hirerarchy transform but unable to get the result:

Job Work Flow Data Flow Source Tables Target Tables Load Frequency

Please help me how I can use the same to get all the source , target relationship details

kgecdeep (BOB member since 2012-07-25)

Hi,

Please help , if there are any way to get such relational report. This report would be very benificial for rapidmart jobs.Thanks

you can get this information from BOMM 12.1 or InformationSteward 4.x after running the DataServices integrator, the information is stored in MM/IS repository and you can build your reports on the repo tables

this is a separate product (you will need a separate License for this)

manoj_d (BOB member since 2009-01-02)

Search is your friend and when applied correctly, it may lead you to this topic:

ErikR :new_zealand: (BOB member since 2007-01-10)

Thanks a lot for sharing this important info. But I am trying to generate a different kind of report from repository database which will give me following details:

JOB_Name Source Table WorkFlow DataflowName Target_Table

Please let me know is there any way or query through which we can retrieve the details from AL_Parent_child table/view

Yes you can retrieve that. But where do you get stuck then? What are your queries?

Johannes Vink :netherlands: (BOB member since 2012-03-20)

Hi,

I tried a lot to get those output from Al_Parent_Child View

Please help me if you have queries through which we can get the desired output fields

JOB Name, Source table, Target Table, Dataflow, WF etc…

It is very difficult to get a full answer from AL_PARENT_CHILD. Using AL_PARENT_CHILD as a source I then walked through the hierarchy using a recursive function.

You need to do some very detailed programming to get what you want.

eganjp :us: (BOB member since 2007-09-12)

Hi,

Thanks for your revert. Could you please share the hierarchy and recursive function you have used to get the output , I tried a lot … Please share , it mught help to design the job

Unfortunately, the code is proprietary at this time and I cannot release it.

eganjp :us: (BOB member since 2007-09-12)