BusinessObjects Board

Documentation for an universe

Hi,

is this possible to create automatically a set of html’s or pdf’s describing my universe? The output should contain all folders and objects with their names and descriptions. SELECTs/WHEREs and other properties are not necessary. The documentation is be adressed to non-technical user for looking and searching of appropriate objects

Thanks

fel (BOB member since 2008-10-21)

Welcome to B:bob:B!

You can save the universe into the PDF format. In Designer, go to menu File -> Save As -> and here select Save as type -> PDF

What is saved into the PDF is controlled by settings in menu Tools -> Options -> Print/PDF tab. Here check all checkboxes that you want to appear in the PDF.

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

Thanks Marek, it looks good, but…
The short format is too short for me (only object names) and long format is too long, too many technical details (Select, where, format, agg func…). It seems that I can’t fine control appearance of the output. And i can’t create HTML directly, maybe only from PDF…
Any alternatives?

fel (BOB member since 2008-10-21)

Another option here … Document a universe using Excel and the Designer SDK. Result is an Excel file you could simply link to, but could be saved as pdf or HTML as needed.

Dwayne Hoffpauir :us: (BOB member since 2002-09-19)