BusinessObjects Board

Document->Universe mapping. Which Repstry table stores th

Hi,

We have a situation here and many of the reports that was published is giving DA0012 error (Universe not found). Due to some inconsistent process of exporting and promoting universes and documents we have landed up in this situation.

We are thinking of updating the repository tables with the correct Universe Id for all those documents that are not open-able right now. Would like to know which repository table stores the Document->Universe mapping.

Thanks for your help!!!

Gana. :nonod:

gana (BOB member since 2004-04-14)

NOTE :Updates to Repository are not supported by Business Objects.

As per knowledge Documents store universe information within the report file as a BLOB datatype in the repository database. Only dataprovider info is stored in the repository ( This does include universe ID or Universe Name. Only information visible in View Data option is available)
Bottom line is that you cannot update the universe ID associated with the documents.

To resolve this issue retrieve all the reports and associate them with the correct universe and publish them once again.

Hope I understand your question well.

JaiGupta (BOB member since 2002-09-12)

The problem is, we are UNABLE to re-point the documents to the correct universe. In the DataManager, when we click on the little button that is like ‘…’ right next to the universe name, it once again pops up with the error message saying the Universe cannot be found.

Any way out?

Gana.

Start with this FAQ Reporter

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

Did your universe name have changed since the report were developed.

What I am thinking is that even if you change the universe name then object id’s should be intact. So you should be able to point the report to the correct universe.

JaiGupta (BOB member since 2002-09-12)

Thank you! Please see my comments inserted.

Possible problem:
The universe that a data provider is based upon has already been removed (your access to the universe has been denied, or the universe has been renamed or deleted). In this case if you try to point the data provider to a different universe you might get the error message “Cannot find the ‘UniverseName’ universe. DA0011”.

This is exactly the situation we are facing.

Solution:
Ask the BO Supervisor or a BO Designer to re-point the data provider to another universe (they might have a copy of the old universe or they might still have access to the old universe).

This is not happening in our case. I am the Supervisor. With even the general supervisor account, I am unable to point the doc to the correct universe. It always pops up with “Cannot find the universe”.

Advice:
Always re-point all your data providers of all your documents to the new universe BEFORE you remove/re-name any existing universe used by data providers.