BusinessObjects Board

Document can't be retrieved

You never mentioned whether there were any updates/changes to the current BOE of yours.

I had the same problem but I have upgraded from XI 2 to XI 3.1 by installing the new BOE and diverting the CMS to the old CMS.

My problem was the reports were in an input directory in XI release 2 and the file repository server was pointing to another directory in XI 3.1

I just changed the root directory of the servers to point to the old source.

reo (BOB member since 2009-02-26)

I am also having a trouble with this.

same error message “WIS 30951”

We have recently upgraded from X2 to X3. In which alot of reports from the old version have been imported over.

Now all reports are showing the above error messages.

Also we used to get error messages when logging into Infoview with the correct logging details!

We have had this all working fine on our test box any ideas what could of gone wrong and how to fix this?

We had a work around by restarting our server but the problem has come back an hour or two later…

Much appreciated… :hb:

wlloyd (BOB member since 2008-10-14)

My exact message is:

The document can’t be retrieved from the file repository server. Please contact your BusinessObjects administrator. Error: WIS 30951)

help!

KevinT (BOB member since 2009-07-28)

At what point are you getting this error message and where? Is it while trying to view an instance of a report

haider :es: (BOB member since 2005-07-18)

Guys,

wht is the reason for this error and how did you guys fix this error…
it appears and it resolves by itself after a while

bdharma (BOB member since 2008-07-07)

Atleast I could say that, whenever i restarted the CMS and tomcat services for couple of times, this problem appears to be resolved

bdharma (BOB member since 2008-07-07)

We recycled our Application and Tomcat servers and this immediately resolved the WIS 30951 error.

lotsarows :us: (BOB member since 2002-10-02)

Please, what do you mean exactly with “recycled our Application and Tomcat servers”??

I have the same error and i need a solution ASAP :reallymad: :hb:

BO XI 3.1 SP2 & FixPack 2.6

Thanks

auriostegui :mexico: (BOB member since 2005-12-08)

Hello BO Guru’s

Could anyBody explain me how to solve this problem…
i used import wizard to load reports in production it was working fine.,

after hous ago i put one more report to production,.
when i went for checking in production…

it spins spins but it wont open. if try to right click and modify i’m getting Document can’t be retrieved WIS 30951

i appreciate in advance
Thanks

Sunil123 (BOB member since 2009-12-05)

feels like its a huge sized report exceeding max limitations --that could be increased via CMC–

MrH

MrH :us: (BOB member since 2007-08-17)

Hi Al…Is there any root cause and solution for this…we are facing this issue eventually…i.e only sometimes we are facing error… :hb:

N_ar (BOB member since 2010-05-26)

Hi! could u please tell me where to increase these limits?

Thank uuuuuuu!

Victor_BCN :es: (BOB member since 2009-09-15)

did you see this one? Webi & Better Performance

open CMC and set it there

MrH

MrH :us: (BOB member since 2007-08-17)

In BO 4.1, I was able to fix this issue. When user send another BO user a report via BI Inbox, they got the FRS error. Solution, make sure the user has full control to their user inbox under user security settings. Viola.

Flame (BOB member since 2004-09-21)

We see this error intermittently on scheduled Web Intelligence reports which are delivered daily via email as Excel attachments. It always affects the same couple of users. If the report is rescheduled the problem goes away.
The reports are quick to run and the output is tiny.
I have seen a ‘solution’ that states you should save the report with the security removed - by checking the boxes Save for all users and Remove document security - that doesn’t make any difference for this client. 4.1 SP8. Once the error happens for a particular report that regular schedule will fail consistently. A ‘Run Now’ will work just fine…
It is often, but not always, the case that neither the report nor the schedule have been changed.

Nick Daniels :uk: (BOB member since 2002-08-15)

Hi Nick,

Have you found a solution to this issue? We experience something similar, if not exactly the same :frowning:

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

Hi Marek, well no not really. A Run Now is the quick fix and a reschedule of the recurring instance sorts it out longer term…but then weeks or months later this particular user can suddenly have another of his reports which may have been last modified ages ago and running on a schedule that hasn’t changed suddenly start doing this. What symptoms are you seeing?

We have few WebI reports that you can open and refresh manually in BI Launchpad. However, when you want to either open them in WRC or schedule them in BI Launchpad, you get the error message:

Ok, in that case I would refresh them, purge them, save them…then try and open via WRC.

It seems that this helped :slight_smile: In fact, it looks that just opening a report and saving it fixes the issue.

Thanks! :cookie: