BusinessObjects Board

Divide By 1000

Hi All,
I got stuck up and need the solution ASAP. Our code is in UAT.
We have 1600 numerical objects and at this point of time the users want that all the numerical fields should the value divide by 1000.

I don’t want to change each and every object. Is there any way out by which we can change this at one go.

Early reply is appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,
Kalpana

kalpana Kumari (BOB member since 2007-02-15)

1600 objects in one universe ??

All these objects used in how many reports?

hyder

haider :es: (BOB member since 2005-07-18)

I would do a search in the SDK section for a macro. Shouldn’t be too difficult to loop through all classes/objects in a universe, test for type and add /1000 to the code.

Regards,

Gerard

oh, and welcome to B:mrgreen:B!

highandstoned :netherlands: (BOB member since 2005-08-01)

Yes, all 1600 objects are in a single universe.
But we need to do this change at report level.

Any idea, how this can be done.

Thanks,
Kalpana

Do let me know if any solution as this change is required at report level and not at universe level.

Thanks,
Kalpana

As Gerard suggested to do at universe level using SDK, similarly there should be a way to do at report level using BO SDK by calling each report in a batch.

Doing at universe level would have been done in one go rather than changing each report

by the way how many reports are to be changed?

hyder

We have 4 reports to be changed.
Can you pls. let me know the syntax for changing it at report level.
As i am not aware of macros.

Thanks & Regards,
Kalpana

Since you have only 4 reports, just create a variable by name Divisor and add the line:

=1000

Go to each numeric column or cell in the Data block and paste the object

eg. =/

In case you want to later change the division back to none, just change the variable with =1 in place of =1000. In this way you can change the division at one go for whole report.

hyder

Thanks a lot for the solution. This can be one of the solution but then I need to create the formula for each object (all 1600 objects) as they are coming directly from the universe. Though this will be one time job
But I think that there is way out by using macro which will automatically pick all the measure objects and divide that by zero. Since i am not aware of macro code, so if you can provide me some syntax for that, it would be really gr8.

Thanks,
Kalpana

That I need to check and test

Since you needed immediately I sent you last post.

Are 1600 measure objects used in one report? how many data providers?

We have 16 Data Providers and each data providers having nearly 80 measure objects.

If you can test it for at least 10 measure objects at your end then it would be really helpful.

I need to provide quick solution within an hour.

Thanks,
Kalpana

I don’t mean to be rude, but haider does not work for you. People assist with suggestions and possible solutions, but it is up to you to do the testing, and the hard work. It is you that is taking home the paycheck regarding this issue you are facing - not haider. If you had asked me to test 10 measure objects for you, I would flatly refuse.

jac :australia: (BOB member since 2005-05-10)

I agree with jac…

But why change it at report level ? Why not in the universe, it’s much simpler…

Regards,

Gerard

I was about to tell the same thing, using ASAP or writing deadlines should be avoided since we are also having our jobs to do.

hyder

have a look at this:
https://bobj-board.org/t/21029

with a minor modification you can use it for your goal…

and read the rules and guidelines and don’t use MSN language like ‘gr8’ but use ‘great’

Thanks,

Gerard

I didn’t mean to hurt anyone and really sorry for the same. I am taking my words back as I am new to this forum so was not aware of the same.

By the way thanks to all of you for helping me out.

Thanks & Regards,
Kalpana