BusinessObjects Board

Distribute reports

Hi,

I’m a newbie WebI user and I guess this is a silly question but… :oops: how can you distribute webI reports? I mean, for full client, you have a .rep file that you can upload to the desired repository or just to send the file to someone, etc , but using webi, how can you share reports between different repositories?

Thanks,

Schuster :united_arab_emirates: (BOB member since 2002-08-29)

I guess I should save the report as wqy file, but how can I do that?? :oops:

I believe in WebI v6 reports are saved as .wid files (.wqy is for WebI 2.x reports). WebI v6 reports (*.wid files) cannot be opened using Business Objects Reporter (2-tier or 3-tier).

If you wanted to migrate WebI reports between different security repositories (read: different “bomain.key” files) then you might have to save the WebI report as a Personal Document, locate the file on the WebI server, and copy it over to the other WebI server.
This is one of the reasons why one should avoid multiple Business Objects security repositories (and go with one repository, but mulltiple universe domains and document domains for Dev/Test/Production etc.).

See also this thread.

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

I get files called 00000048.wid, 00000049.wid, etc into my folder Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 6\nodes<server><cluster>\storage\user
Are those my reports? Are those the files I should distribute? because I’m not using those names

Thanks

See this thread for details, please.

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)