BusinessObjects Board

Displaying one table at the end of another table

Hi, I have two tables which are similar (Detailed/Summary).

Currently I can see them apart in structure layout and its fine. Now if I have variable number of records coming back in 1st table then how do I make 2nd table come immediately after the 1st one.

Currently if DP fetches more records then 2nd table overlays 1st, how do I avoid that ???

kumar (BOB member since 2002-10-13)

One of the options in format table is to fix them in relation to each other, this should do what you want

Paul Shovlar :uk: (BOB member since 2002-09-05)

Where exactly under “Format Table” ??

Ok I see it under appearance now… Thanks…

go to Format table, tab Appearance, under Vertical Position Relative to select your other table…

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

kumar,

Just to give you alittle more detail, if you right click on the bottom table and choose Format Table, go to the appearance tab, and you will see Horizontal Position Relative To. In the drop down menu, choose the other table. Then set the distance between them in the box to the right. That will do what you want.

MichaelWelter :vatican_city: (BOB member since 2002-08-08)

Hmmm, guess what? This is already a FAQ Entry! I know it’s hard to search when you don’t already know the answer, but there are quite a few folks that put time into gathering frequently asked questions and then answering them. It would be nice if folks looked at them. :slight_smile:

I’m not picking on anyone here, this was just a convenient post to plug the FAQ stuff. Happy Bob-ing! :bob:

Dave

Dave Rathbun :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-06)

Hmmm, not to pick on the FAQ documentation, but steps 1 & 3 contain errors. Clicking on a block will not bring up the Format Block dialogue box. And step three has the Vertical and Horizontal positioning backwards. Perhaps you, Dave, can correct that. :wink:

MichaelWelter :vatican_city: (BOB member since 2002-08-08)

Double-clicking on a block will bring up the format table dialog. That’s probably what Eileen meant. And last time I checked, horizontal did mean left and right and vertical did mean up and down. :wink:

I clarified the other instructions a bit. Thanks.

Dave

Dave Rathbun :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-06)