BusinessObjects Board

Disable Navigation Alert

I have some Webi Reports that users are viewing from Dashboard Manager, the users are allowed to refresh and drill on these reports. When opening the report in Dashboard manager the report opens in a new window, after drilling on the report and then closing the window the user always gets the alert:

[list]Are you sure you want to navigate away from this page?

You will lose any unsaved modifications to this document.

Press OK to continue or cancel to say on the current page.[/list]

Is there a way to disable this alert? Since the users shouldnÂ’t have access to save the report I donÂ’t want the notification that they can.

Thanks in Advance.
-Tim

tbolman :us: (BOB member since 2003-02-12)

Hi,

Did you manage to set this up? We’re after a similar effect ourselves.

Thanks

Mike

mikeyd26 (BOB member since 2005-10-20)

Hi, I’m having this same issue and was wondering if either one of you have figured this out. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

Kris

KrisF :us: (BOB member since 2007-07-23)

All,

I have found similiar issues to the one being discussed. Please see the text in the following link. If you get it to work please post your response.

https://bobj-board.org/t/72584

Markus

Markus Lowry :us: (BOB member since 2007-03-30)

Thanks for the suggestion, lowryma; however, I don’t think this solution will work for me since I don’t want the message to always be disabled. I only want to disable it when users close the window after drilling on the report in Dashboard Manager. It’s a good suggestion though…I’ll look into this further.

It was worth a try. Background on the last post was from some research I did when trying to remove the No Data so that our users would not have the additional button click. In my research I was told that there is either an all or nothing for removing BO pop ups.

Markus

Markus Lowry :us: (BOB member since 2007-03-30)

Unfortunately for me, I think you’re right…about it being either an all or nothing for removing BO popups. Thanks again for your help, Markus!