BusinessObjects Board

Dimension and measreus giving different results.

Hi BO Gurus,

I am creating one simple report in Webi.

Type,name,received and Accepted and in received and Accepted and Received i am getting certain number of results.
Accepted and Received are dimensions simple select statement from table.

However i need to do aggregation so i created two more Received and Accepted Objects it’s the same object(dimension) and just change it qualifier as Measure instead of dimension and now when i create the same report i am getting large result than what i got using dimensions.For some type and name i getting double values.I don’t know what to do???

Can you please advise me if i am doing some mistake?? also is it possible to do the same result using any different technique…i tried creating report variable it didn’t gave the reault as it gives Multivalued error.

Please Advise.

Thanks in Advance

ernestobo (BOB member since 2010-07-12)

If a user has 2 records with the same values, as dimension it will show only 1 time but as measure being summed it will ‘double’.
Because that is what you ask the report to do.

As a dimension webi doesnt look at it from a numbers point of view but as information\text, it will automaticly group the line to 1 because as information both values are the same.
And it would double it, you dont double a name, you just show it once.
However when you tell it to look at in as measures\numbers then it nows it should sum\count… it(depends on your universe-design-settings).

Check by add variable =count([the value dimension]) in the report when you show it as dimension it should be 2 for those ‘doubled’ rows.

But also look at the universe design, in case of traps:

good luck

IngeH :netherlands: (BOB member since 2004-06-22)