BusinessObjects Board

Different reports from Different Data Providers

Hi
I have created 7 reports(independent using same universe) using BO 6.1b. In 8th report i need to show the detail of each of the 7 reports which i have created earlier. Is it possible?

Abishek :us: (BOB member since 2004-12-09)

Yes. You can do what you want. Just drag the objects on to the report.

Steve Krandel :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-25)

thanks steve! but all these reports are independent reports and saved individually. iam supposed to create a new report with details of these 7 reports. Is there any way i can copy them or export them from these 7 reports and create a new one. i hope i am clear.

I get it. You have 7 documents. In BO terms a report is a tab of a document.

No, there is no way (other than SDK) to write a report that reads from the others.

BO doesn’t yet have the ability to use 1 document as a source for another.

Steve Krandel :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-25)

Ok thank you Steve! I really appreciate your response. you saved a day(friday!!) :stuck_out_tongue:

You can copy data providers (including variables & formulas with some restrictions) from one Business Objects document to another though, see this handy tool in BOB’s download section.

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

Andreas
i downloaded the addin but i am able to see only one Report and that is the existing one but i want to get the daat providers from others reports as well . How can i get them.
All
Any other suggestions welcomed!

Thanks in advance.

You will have to open the other Business Objects documents in the same instance.

oo gotcha ! i will just try to implement it.

Andreas " U R Awesome"
It works!
Go BOB Go.

Thank you but the laudatio should go to the person who wrote the macro: Dwayne Hoffpauir :yesnod:

Yes of course. BO GURU Dwayne.

One more question. When we copy the data provider, doesnt it copy the report as it is, like for ex: i ahve grouped various vehicle makes.Doesnt this copy retain them. Because i am only getting the objects which were used and not even the user defined variables.
Please shed some light on it.
Thank you

Guru? Not really … I write those utilities to make my own life easier, but glad to share them.

Dwayne Hoffpauir :us: (BOB member since 2002-09-19)

No, it doesn’t copy report tabs … it does copy named variables though. You have to copy the data provider first though. Then copy the variables. In other words, the variable has to be valid in context of any “dependent” variables (from a data provider, or other “named” variables).

so would it not copy the formulas which i created in one of the data providers(reports). I would be getting whatever is in the query panel to be precise.

Not in a single step. The utility is actually two in one. The first copies data providers, so that would create the query panel (your term) objects. The second copies named variables that you have created. They are totally separate functions.