BusinessObjects Board

[DI] Error: SYS-170101: How can we solve it

Hi All,

I am using Data Integrator 6.1 and Sql server2000 Database.
After a scheduling Job in DI getting the following error.

SYS-170101: System Exception <ACCESS_VIOLATION> occurred. Process dump option is off. Process is not dumped.
Exception code: C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION

Can anybody have an idea about and solution.

Thanks
Raghu

raghug (BOB member since 2003-05-22)

Here is a generic link about the unhandled exception error. None of the solutions refer to DI, but it may be worth reading to get a ‘feel’ for this error. If SYS-170101 is specific to SQL Server I’d try finding out more about exactly what it means.

Nick Daniels :uk: (BOB member since 2002-08-15)

Thanks for your prompt reply, but I already searched this thread and unable to get the solution.

I unable to find the solution for this error in DI. Could you please post it whenever you find something, I think thats not related to Sql2k.

Thanks
raghug

raghug (BOB member since 2003-05-22)

Hi Raghu,

Pls let me know once you find the work flow which is causing the error. 8)

sd_khare (BOB member since 2005-01-24)

Hi,

I actually had this a few times and it seemed to be linked to files not being accessible. Or being used by other programs. (Autosave etc.

But is never happend twice in the same work/data flow.

Cheers,
Slow

slowbsure (BOB member since 2004-09-27)

Thanks Slow.
I could find out the reason of this problem and it is caused by a Job Server on a particular machine. When I change the Job Server I could run the job successfully. May be we need to reinstall DI or reconfigure the Job Server.

-Shailesh

sd_khare (BOB member since 2005-01-24)

We had the same problem here.

We had the error when using a MAP_COMPARISON between two tables in a same database.
We found out it was caused by a column typed LONG. We removed the column, and the dataflow worked properly.

David

bry_david (BOB member since 2005-02-01)