BusinessObjects Board

Designer XI - Table/Object List

Hi,
Does anyone know if Designer has the capability to export a universe’s list of Tables/Objects into an excel format?
I am using Designer XI and can create a ‘printable’ list but I would like to use the list to create and maintain a seperate list to use asor a ‘universe dictionary’.

Help?

Sarah_Helpme (BOB member since 2006-11-09)

Give this a try … Document a universe using Excel and the Designer SDK

Dwayne Hoffpauir :us: (BOB member since 2002-09-19)

Thank you that is AWESOME and exactly what I was looking to do. Sorry I was unable to find it on BOB!! :smiley:

Another question… is there a capability from this document to modify/add information and upload it back to the universe? I saw another message today in which a similar document was posted to do this however when I tried to run it I recieved an ‘active x’ error. I also do not want to be interferring with uploading information back to the universe if this is not a preferred method.

Would you have any suggestions for this?

Thanks!

If by similar document, you meant this … Mass update to object names / descriptions … yes, it is possible to “push” changes back to the universe. As always a good integrity check before uploading the universe is recommended, but the utility does nothing that can’t be done with the Designer gui, so I wouldn’t be too concerned.

[Anita fixed the url bbcode]

Dwayne Hoffpauir :us: (BOB member since 2002-09-19)

Yes !! I saw this but did not see the document attached in the reply I was looking at. Thank you so much this will be very helpful !! :stuck_out_tongue:

What to do in the Document Universe tab???
i got the following code when i clicked on it…how to proceed further from here??
Private Sub DocumentUniverseButton_Click()

Call DocumentUniverse

End Sub

shruthi (BOB member since 2008-02-25)

Upon opening the document select the ‘Document a Universe’ macro. This will prompt you to open Designer and select the universe.

when i run the macro…it says my macros are disabled.

When you opened the document did you select ‘enable macros’?

Working…enabled the macros in the Excel.

Glad I could help because after that I had nothing !! :mrgreen: