BusinessObjects Board

Derived tables problem

Hi,

I have created few derived tables in the universe and also created some objects based on these derived tables , when I run the query that includes derived tables and objects based on those tables it runs fine on my machine but when users run the same query they get the error message " TABLE OR VIEW DOES NOT EXIST" I am using 6.5.1 and clients are on version 5.1.6 :confused:

amdel61 :us: (BOB member since 2004-07-14)

Derived tables did not exist in ver 5.x, so it does not surprise me that users using ver 5.x run into problems.

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

That make sense but users using WEBI 6.5 are having same problems

Is this directly related to your other thread here?

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

yes it is I couldnt find the answer back then so I created views on the database level as a work around but I was wondering that what could be the cause of the problem because even with WEBI 6.5 , users get the same error

The preferred method would have been to post a followup question in your old post, then, rather than to start another topic.

What I find very odd is that you re-asked the question about derived tables not working for 5.1.x clients – when you already knew from before that 5.1 clients can’t use new 6.x features.

Anita Craig :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)

sorry about that it slippped my mind , but I would really appreciate if you could tell me that should it work with WEBI 6.5 or not…?

I’d opine that the new feature should work with WebI 6.5 – but I do not know whether it’s a bug in WebI 6.5 or not – we’re still on 5.1.x.

Hi
Check the table UNV_TABLE_DATA in your repository database as this should contain the code of the Derived Table. I’ve had similar problems after a 5.7 migration to 6.5 where this table was not created correctly. Impact was that I could use Derived Tables in development on my PC but when the universe was exported to the repository the relevant table was not populated (and BO did not fail this with an error!).

Therefore when others access the Universe from the repository they do not get the DT code.

Hope this helps.

Jon

jonh (BOB member since 2002-12-18)

Here’s the post where Jon describes what happened, and the solution.