BusinessObjects Board

Deleting users Inbox Documents in XI

Hi all,

we have a issue with users not deleting inbox documents, due to this the storage is running out of space.
Is there a way that we can delete thes documents automatically ?

Please advice. :hb:

Thanks,
Chinna

Chinna (BOB member since 2005-08-19)

u can set the max number of instances by which the inbox objects can get deleted auotnatically…try this might work
Trex (Grrr) :mrgreen:

trex_bo :us: (BOB member since 2006-08-27)

this is what I would ‘try’ (you will have to work out how to set up said ‘user’, I would say as a delegated admin)

set up a new user which only has access to inboxes and/or favourites folders.
(user folders in CMC) and has access to delete.

go to infoview - login as said user.

do an advanced search looking for the content you want to delete.(specify document type, you can leave search field blank if its indiscrimate deletion and search) etc(you do what suits your scenario ).

you will get a list of documents that match your criteria, select all and delete.

otherwise it gets a bit tricky with SDK and you want to always be careful about what you delete in BOXI.

cheers

Tom

tommy_b :australia: (BOB member since 2007-03-20)

ok what if we had a like 500 users and have to delete like 2000 reports after every ten days. the solution you have provided doest cater to this very regular requirement.

trex_bo :us: (BOB member since 2006-08-27)

1. write your own java/VB to meet your own specific circumstances.

or

1. buy some software if you can find some which does what you need it to do.

As far as I know, limiting the number of instances of a report, and by doing a work around like I mentioned with infoview would be the only two ways atm i can think of.

ring BO tech support, maybe they can recommend a better way.

tommy_b :australia: (BOB member since 2007-03-20)

Hi,

Indeed the solution is to use CMS sdk or third party tool.

Regards
Sebastien

I wrote this tool to cleanup user documents(Inbox/Favorites) that are older than a ‘X’ days. You can do it in a single shot for all the users.

Sheshachala5 :india: (BOB member since 2004-01-09)