BusinessObjects Board

Defect value to a prompt

Hello,
I need to assign a defect value to a prompt. How can I do this?

Ana Dominguez (BOB member since 2005-01-17)

Please, do a search on this forum. This has been discussed many times in before, try using Default Prompt.

Dessa

dessa :madagascar: (BOB member since 2004-01-29)

Start with this thread for a VBA solution.
Remember WebI 6.5 offers default prompts.

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

Ana,

Do you mean “Default” value? If not, what do you mean by “Defect” value?

MichaelWelter :vatican_city: (BOB member since 2002-08-08)

Hi I have already review the VBA method, and it works. But I need to apply this function into webi, how to do it?
I need to give default value of some prompt, just like a date prompt with today as default value.

lijunduke (BOB member since 2005-01-17)

If you build the report in Full Client, and Webi is running on a Windows server, then your VBA macro will work just fine. If you build the report in Webi, you can set a default value, but it cannot be dynamic, such as Today’s date.

I built report in full client, and macro works fine. But I need to keep this macro in Infoview. I found that i would be no use to add a macro and want it affect report in inforview.

Huh? :confused:

If you have Webi running on Windows, your macros should work in infoview. If you have Webi running on Unix, then your macros won’t work in Webi. Do you know which version of Webi you have?

On Win2000 Server. Should I check some configuration?

Yes, in the Admin Tool, there is a parameter to allow the use of Macros. Make sure that is turned on.

“Enable macros for interactive users:”??
already set to on

I gotta be honest. Respectfully, I’m not sure Michael is correct here. I don’t believe that Macro’s the affect prompting will ever work in InfoView.

I hope I’m wrong.

Steve Krandel :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-25)

So , As I know before, there should be some developer work to apply this function?